Monday, February 14, 2011

Will your life be one many remember?

I haven't written in ages it feels like, not because I haven't been able to think of anything, but because I have been lazy. I wanted to talk tonight about purpose, or things that define us, and I'm sure plenty of you won't enjoy that, but I'll go for it anyway. 
I lay here thinking about how other people perceive me or how other people will remember me, and you might think "Why does he care what other people think". But how can we be so blind to how we are perceived by others? I don't think it's a bad thing to want to be liked, to want to be remembered for being something great in particular. I always here how people don't care what people think of them...and I don't understand that. I'm not chasing fame here, or praise from people on how I live my life, but I am telling you that I want people to remember me for being above and beyon'd just THAT GUY. Take a step back and look at your life, I'll do the same. How did we treat people, how did we communicate, what life style did we choose that many will remember us by, did we invest time into people on anything but a surface type relationship? I'm rambling I know, but thinking about how I can have a positive effect on people and hopefully help people in whatever way possible. That's what's important to me. I find it very often that people are afraid to change into somebody they want to be, but because others perceive them a certain way and have this image of the person, it causes them to continue living the same way and limits their own potential in life. Maybe I'm wrong, or my ideas are crazy, but I see peoples eyes..I see people wanting different, wanting to break free from old habits and whatever they find negative in their life, but I see others holding them back..and it's a shame. So maybe this is for the people who need hope or a way to say, ok..I can change, I can start new. God's given me a purpose, sure I don't know what that is yet or I am completely oblivious to it, but that's exciting to me. I want to pursue whatever that might be and continue living in a way that would hopefully be pleasing to my Savior. When people are gathered in a group and your name gets dropped, will good come out of that groups mouths..isn't it exciting to want to hear good things of yourself? It makes me passionate about working on myself and working on ways to change. By no means am I saying everyone is going to like me, and yes, that's probably an impossible feat, but I am saying it is worth fighting to be remembered and loved for being passionate about postive things in this world, not for how many beers you could chug, or girls/guys you could get, or $'s you made. I'm sorry if those are your passions...I hope they aren't. I'm looking your friends eye to eye right now, and we're discussing your life...every detail, are you excited to learn how much people respect you, how much people will trust you with your life, how they love you, or is it the complete opposite? "No regrets" right? I can't stand when I hear that haha. That only gives us reason to continue living the same way..and I don't know about you, but I don't want that. I've said a lot of non sense tonight I can tell, but I guess that's just the fun in this. I guess the idea in this would be to start being conscience about how we are perceived by any and everyone. We never know when people will be watching us or needing us to be the best "me" we can be. I'll be working on this until I am being put into my big o'l coffin. 

1 comment: