Monday, February 21, 2011

Closest to my heart, yet so far away.

Tonight my feeling would be frustrated, confused, maybe more but I don't want to complain. I just had a conversation with someone who I care about a lot, and no this is not some sappy love story..it's hard because my personality is so much different from theirs and my life is not really comparable at all to this persons, but maybe that's what makes my heart care for them, I don't know. Anyway...I just wanted to write about how we as friends or we as loving people are so often left feeling empty or like we've wasted our time or our emotions in investing into people who might not accept that care the same way that we would like. I want to tell people who feel aggravated about the fact that not everyone is the same and that not everyone knows how to react to so much love and care and that it's okay. For me personally, I can only be myself, I can continue to love people the same way, and care for people on levels that maybe they don't understand. No matter the reaction I get back, I will continue that way...because we don't know when people will decide to break down their barriers or whatever is holding them back from being caring passionate people and making friendships/relationships deeper and that much more powerful. I guess that's the joy in the journey for me..the anticipation in seeing people change. You might think to yourself about all the times you have tried being a good friend or felt like you were the only person giving any effort into a relationship, and how frustrating that feeling is, but I encourage you to continue doing those things, continue loving those people even if you aren't seeing a high return of care right away, because we truly don't know when the people we do care about most, will grasp what you've been trying to do for days, months, years, and understand everything you've done for them is caring on a high level. I find that people give up so quickly on being genuine human beings, because they get shafted or left in the dust by somebody that mistreated them, or someone who abused the time and love you attempted sharing with someone, and it changes people in a negative light. Why do we do that? Why do we so easily stray from our true emotions, all because a few key points in our life where somebody "did us wrong". It's not worth it! I don't want to be stubborn, I don't want to be hard hearted because the love and time that I gave and invested in someone was snatched away from me. So I learn how to deal with the fact that everyone has a different idea, a different heart..and I find people who need me for who I am, and want me for what I can offer. I probably sound ridiculous right now, but I know that the material in this post truly does change peoples personalities, it truly does bring hate and bitterness into lives, so don't let it. Be patient when waiting for people to care about you back, don't become impatient, don't let bitterness be the reason to stop investing into people 100%. Great relationships deserve to have both parties lay everything out on the line..that's what's exciting about friendship. REAL EMOTION. 

Sorry if this is nothing any of you wanted to read about tonight, I am. I just like being different in the ways that I look at friendships and the way that I look at investing in people and caring about people in ways that most people probably wouldn't understand. I guess the idea of the post, is to not be discouraged over some bad experiences we've had with friends or people we care about, not letting them ruin how we treat people from then on out. I will continue to care, and be passionate about the people I consider close to me. I find that my truthfulness and honesty in friendships either turns people away or allows for awesome bonds. With that, I bow out...and say good luck to your efforts in loving PEOPLE. Don't be scared to let yourself FEEL what an amazing relationship feels like.

2 comments:

  1. It's inspiring to hear someone( that I know) care and love people the way you describe Andrew, to give your all into each relationship without expecting the exact same back, it takes an emotionally intelligent person to be able to not only speak in this way but act. Even when you do feel "empty", unfulfilled or maybe disappointed from someone close, to be able to still love them unconditionally is TRUE friendship. And I think the reason most people have a hard time with reaching this level is because of how easy it is to get stuck at an egocentric state. I really do believe one of the hardest thing's for people to overcome is being able to take the other's perspective. Happy, fulfilling relationships exist when people prioritize and care about the happiness of others more than their own. :)

    ReplyDelete