Sunday, February 19, 2012

Set yourself free

Looking around my room I see little things that remind me of the past. I see a few pictures with my sisters and I and a couple odds and ends from the village in Senegal. Little reminders of things that I appreciate and things that will allow my mind to remember great times in my life. Healthy things to hold onto. But unfortunately so often people are grasping for things that are unhealthy...memories from moments of hurt, anger, heartache. Why do we do that? Why do we allow how somebody else treats us, dictate how we function. I learned a long time ago that pain is something that I will experience, multiple times over. No matter how hurtful someone is to you, no matter what promises they make to you, just to turn around and break them..you just need to let the feelings go, honestly...let the feelings go, your soul deserves that. Our hearts were designed to withstand a great amount of weight, so push yourself through. There is far too much good in this world to focus on things that bring us hurt.Past relationships, friendships, divorce, whatever your story is just allow yourself the change to escape from the pain you're in right now. You can't truly breath until you understand that your way of thinking, is not going to work. It's hard, I understand that...but what's harder? Being in bondage for the rest of your life, or practicing personal growth and breaking through barriers in your life that need to be broken through. Watching people volunteer themselves for chance to step in quicksand, multiple times over...is disheartening, because they so badly want to believe that those memories and that past whatever, was something it just plain wasn't. You can change what you're used to, and turn it into something you aren't used to. It takes guts. Guts that are in there. Find them, so that you can allow yourself to truly be free from the past, current and future.




He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds 
Psalm 147:3 







No comments:

Post a Comment